Technical Automated Test Analyst
VizExplorer is a global software development company with offices in Wellington, San Diego and Las Vegas. We deliver state-of-the-art advanced Operational Intelligence software that turns large volumes of data into easy to understand and easy-to-use Super Graphics.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Technical Automated Tester. Based here in Wellington and working with our customers around the world. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and fast paced team. Utilising your strong technical skills this is an environment where your skills will be highly valued.
Our testing team works closely with the development and delivery team. This is a very technical environment so programming experience is vital. In this role you will have the ability to grow along with the company and to continue to develop your skills.
- Designing test plans and test scenarios from business requirement and feature definitions
- Writing automated acceptance tests for the front end and back end
- Writing automated performance tests
- Execute the automated functional and performance regression tests with comprehensive reports
- Creating testing tools and frameworks and maintaining existing ones
- Writing test documentation and test automation guidelines
- Reviewing and researching testing tools and theory
- Advance the organization’s knowledge in testing and software quality techniques, methodologies and processes
- Assisting and coaching the Development team in general to achieve the business goals with the desired level of quality
- Creation and maintenance of testing environments, continuous integration scripts and pipelines assisted by the delivery team
- Reviewing business requirements and feature definitions
- Performing feature testing, validating features being delivered by the team until customer acceptance
- Detecting issues, creating issues report, tracking issues through the entire development workflow until their resolution
- Maintenance of the Test Tracking System
- Experience developing automated test scripts for the front end, restful APIs or service oriented back end
- Object Oriented Programming with languages such as Java, Ruby. Groovy etc.
- Scripting skills in Bash, Shell, or other scripting language such as Python desirable
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of NoSQL and other Database technologies desirable
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Basic Continuous Integration server administration experience with Jenkins, GitLab CI Travis CI etc.
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks easily
- A relevant university degree and/or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Wear anything you want to work
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Lunch bought every Friday
- Subsidised massages
- Subsidised gym membership
- Games room with table tennis, darts, foosball, giant jenga.